Saturday, June 13, 2009

Clowning Around

I have decided to try my hand at some handmade postcards. This one hits the mail on Monday. I have another one in the works but I'm not sure I like it. So, I guess it's not done. We'll see. It's funny how things take a path of their own. I had no intention of making this look like a clown. But, smack on a red ball to the nose and it does. I wanted to put "heads up" on this but for some reason the yellow paint called my name and it wound up as "live." Go figure! Now, who to send it to is the question. I had one person in mind but perhaps I'll send it to another...hmmm... Keep an eye on your mailbox, something could be coming to you!

9 comments:

alphawoman said...

I made a home made card for an exchange last year and it came out pretty good (if I do say so, though I have finally given in that my artistic talets lie elsewhere) I'll send you one! lol!!

Robbie said...

Mary! You are talented. I still have the collage you sent me hanging up with all my other inspirational stuff I hang to look at.

Cindy said...

That is pretty much made of awesome! I love it!! I've made some postcards and have never been happy with them. I'm better with the ATC sized art...and actually, I am going to try 'skinnys' and 'inchies' next, I think!!

I'll watch my mailbox just in case, ROFL!!

Robbie said...

Aww...thanks Cindy. I really like it too. It's hard because I always feel insecure that I'm the only one who does. I'm not sure if you'll get this one BUT there may be something coming for you soon! :-D I keep waffling on who to send this to so I'm seriously thinking of putting all the names in a hat and drawing for it. Hmmmm....

Robbie said...

One other thing Cindy, have you thought of making the Inchies part of something bigger? I really like when people do that. It has a quilt effect. You could make a postcard sized item by laying out a bunch of Inchies.

Gigi said...

Wow ~ that is so extremely cool! Yeah, funny how slapping a red nose on things will always say clown ;). Or Rudolph. Maybe Le Cirque is subconsciously influencing your imagination. Yay!

I love how you're keeping up the creativity flow. It feeds itself, doesn't it? I can't wait to get back to work. Keep inspiring!

Bridgett said...

Wow, Robbie. I'm seriously impressed.

alphawoman said...

It's beautiful! I am going to frame it and hang it for all to see. Ilove it, thank you.

Mary

Robbie said...

Yeah!! I've been wondering if you received it or not but if I asked it would ruin the surprise. :=DDDD